We had the flu with two little babies.
If you've had it too, you know it gives you the crazies.
Plus their dad sure feels bad, it’s the worst flu he’s had
Yes, we had the flu and two babies.
He couldn’t sleep and we heard a little peep.
Josh picked him up, he threw up, and I had to clean up
Then we had the flu and two babies.
Then Tuesday night, little Michael didn’t feel right.
He couldn’t sleep and we heard a familiar peep.
His bed and his head – it was all cover-ed!
Then he had the flu, my poor babies.
Then Thursday night, Daddy Josh didn’t feel right.
He stayed in bed and I said I can't handle this.
But the days all went by, and the flu passed me by
Towels, sheets, and clothes, heaven knows, laundry woes.
Then what to feed? What do they need? When’s the last time they peed?
Now I have two dehydrated babies.
We watched TV, quietly, by the Christmas tree.
We drank sports drinks, looked up web links, used up the Lysol.
On the couch, my bed made, oh yes I sure prayed!
And I never caught it from the babies.
4 comments:
Kristina, your lyrics are awesome! So sorry to hear about the flu. One baby and puke is bad enough, but you earn the Super Mom award for dealing with it 2x over!!
I feel your pain (no, I did not fall off the face of the earth...I just have a broken camera and no time to blog) But both of our have it too!! It's terrible and I am just hoping that us big people won't get it next!! I think we have done about 8 loads of pukey laundry in the past 36 hours!!!
Jess - So sorry to hear your boys have it too! It was intense but now they're all over it and no worse for the wear except they have enormous appetites! Good to hear from you. Stay well!
3 Supermom Points for you for taking care of 3 sick boys!
100 Supermom Points for writing a clever, rhyming song about the entire experience! :)
Post a Comment