When we got home from our trip I wanted to tidy up the house so I threw out the plastic floor covering under the boys' high chairs. I haven't had to clean it up after meals as regularly as I used to and I thought I would try an experiment to see if we could do without one now.
No, we cannot.
It's been 3 days and the carpet now looks like a patchwork quilt with sticky oatmeal, applesauce, black beans, rice, and red nectarine stains.
Today I went out and bought new plastic squares to put underneath their chairs. I guess I'll have to keep wiping it up after each meal, but at least I won't be adding any more to the gooey mess.
5 comments:
Where does one purchase such a thing? I NEED IT. Alice is the messiest eater alive. And it doesn't help that she thinks her signal for "All Done!" is throwing food on the floor. Maybe that is the only way the 4th child in a family can get attention at the dinner table.
Suzie, I pick them up at Bed, Bath, and Beyond or Linens and Things near the tablecloths. They get gooey after a while so buy a bigger sized one than you need and cut it up to use one after the other. I hate carpet under the table. No parent would ever design something that way!
They're vinyl tablecloth covers I cut up. My friend bought a hard plastic square made to go under wheeled office chairs on the carpet. See what works best!
Great idea! Can I just lay the stuff all over my whole house?
ok, seriously, who's the genious that put carpeting in your kitchen? Remember Chewey and Bwett had that too - I always thought it was strange!Not very practical! I have to sweeep and mop everyday to keep up with my messy eaters. And it was even suggested that I pull up the carpet from my family room and just have hard wood throughout the house!
Post a Comment