
I don't think this will fulfill my dream of having a backyard for the boys to play in. We're looking and looking and looking for a rental home in Sacramento. Some of them look so nice, until we see the picture of the backyard. "Maintenance free" they say. I say "fun free" in the 110 degree summers. Where is the grass? I thought the water shortages were only in southern California.
I heard today at the boys playgroup that it's against the law in Virginia to let your kids play in your yard unless you're out there supervising them. Isn't that the point of having a backyard? How are moms expected to get anything done if you can't plop your kids in front of the TV because it kill brain cells and leads to obesity, and you can't let them exercise by running and playing outside? I think it's a conspiracy to get kids into day care. Where is the support for the stay at home mom?
In other news, no picture, Michael rode a tricycle at playgroup today. I was cheering like crazy! He loved it and Santa has been advised that both he and Sam would like starter tricycles for Christmas this year! Anyone know of any 2 for the price of 1 deals on trikes? Oh to only need to buy one bike and then hand it down to the younger kids. Not for me. Oh well, as I always say, two at once is better than zero!!! Much, much better.
7 comments:
i am such a bad blog reader and didn't even realize that you guys were moving to sacramento, that is awesome! if you ever head down south....
what is that law aout the supervised backyard play about? that is crazy, i would be arrested already.
happy house hunting!
I don't know about Northern California, but in Southern California there aren't any yards. No one can afford them! Even the huge mansions in our ward didn't have yards... they just had pools, except for a few that thad INCREDIBLE housing situations.
Good luck finding that dream home! And, cement isn't too bad. You'll have a place for the kids to ride their new trikes from Santa!
Oh I'd be in serious trouble if we had that law here! Or, I'd just have to chain dillon to the, well, i don't even know what i could hook him up to - he'd somehow find a way to escape! Grass is nice, but think about the fun times we had rollerskating in the basement - course thy'll be rollerBLADING and skateboarding etc. and you won't kill the grass under the kiddie-pool! sand boxes, bikes, oh they'll still have fun!
I agree with you on the backyards. I guess socity want us to use the TV as a babysitter so we can shower. Good luck on the house hunt.
Cement isn't all that bad: it doesn't need to be mowed! And the boys could ride their new trikes out there for hours and hours... attended my mom, of course. No, seriously... that law can't be true. That is silly.
Oh there is nothing better than tiny legs learning to peddle a tricycle. How fun! I hope you are not gone yet, or your Christmas card might take a little longer to arrive...
Learning to ride a tricycle is such a big "growing up" milestone! I can't believe you can't find grass. I always pictured northern CA as being green and lush...not cement. What does the law say about letting your kids play in the FRONT yard unsupervised? Because we have a great backyard that no one will touch! Go figure!
Post a Comment