"Ricco*la!" For months now Michael has been making all kinds of household objects into horns. Now, with both vacuum attachments put together and the upholstery brush on the end, I think this one bears a striking resemblance to the Swiss long-horns in the Ricco*la cough drop commercials. I had to take a picture. He is so musical. Today he was "playing" choir director up on a stool while I sat on the floor and sang "He Is Risen."

Since the boys have been sick and had sore mouths/ throats (see below) I've had a hard time getting them to eat. I didn't know what to make for dinner for just the three of us today and came up with creamy potato soup. I thought it would be easy for them to swallow and feel good on their throats. Did you know it calls for 2 sticks (or should I say cubes, I am in California now) of butter? Did you know it makes so much? This picture was taken AFTER we had eaten! I can't eat this all week. Did I mention it has 2 sticks of butter in it? It was, however, a huge hit with Michael and Sam. Sam said, "Yummy!" And Michael said, "Delicious! It's good!" and finished his whole bowl.


After cleaning up some toys in the dining room, I came into the family room tonight to see Sam reading his copy of The Book of Mormon. He got a copy for Christmas and loves having his own book. I kept the boys home from church today where the nursery lesson was on loving the scriptures. I guess it was a good one for him to miss since he apparently loves them already.
Now, here's to sleeping through the night for the first time since last Sunday night. Wish me luck!
6 comments:
You're such a good mommy to those two! I can picture you singing while Michael conducted you're beautiful voice. I love those cough drop commercials, by the way. I 'm glad they ate something for you. I hope things are getting better with their sores. I have a creamy potato soup recipe that's only 2 TBS of butter, but it calls for evap. milk and I add like a cup of cheese, so I don't know what's better , but I'll send you the recipe. The picture of your soup looks scruptious-I want some!!
What a catchy commercial that Riccola ad was! I don't know if my kids have actually ever seen it, but they still quote it from time to time.
That potato soup looks delicious! MMmmm... melted butter and potatoes!
Mmmm, I wish I had some of your potato soup right now! It looks good (even with--or especially with--the two sticks of butter). Seeing pictures of your boys getting older reminds me how much I miss you all! I hope everyone finishes getting better soon. I bet it was tough being stuck at home while Josh was gone. It looks like you've really done a good job keeping everyone entertained though (well, at least the boys!).
You are such a great mom to teach those boys so much! They're just too cute! That soup looks absolutely wonderful. I'm feeling full just looking at it...and my pants are feeling little tighter thinking about the 2 sticks of butter!
oops forgot i was logged into her blog! BTW, sure hope you get some sleep soon! ---lees
What funny boys you have. I am glad that everyone seems to be feeling better. And come on, you can NEVER have enough creamy potato soup (especially if the kids loved it!)
Post a Comment