She's here! Our beloved Georgianna Ruth, or Anna, made her grand entrance into the world on Monday. This little squishy bundle weighed in at 8 lbs and measured 21 inches. I woke up Monday morning with painful contractions at 6:45 am and got to the hospital at 9:30. She was born at 12:30! There was no time for any medication but at least it was fast. I pushed for 30 minutes and was so excited to see her. She's been my little friend these last nine months and I feel like we already have a relationship. I was so alert after the birth and could think straight, something that took me weeks after the boys were born. I highly recommend having children one at a time and avoiding c-sections!
After years of working jobs to pass the time and pay the bills, I'm embarking on my REAL job of mommy, but it's so unreal that it feels like I'm just playing house!
Soccer Practice
Friday, April 9, 2010
My Girl!
She's here! Our beloved Georgianna Ruth, or Anna, made her grand entrance into the world on Monday. This little squishy bundle weighed in at 8 lbs and measured 21 inches. I woke up Monday morning with painful contractions at 6:45 am and got to the hospital at 9:30. She was born at 12:30! There was no time for any medication but at least it was fast. I pushed for 30 minutes and was so excited to see her. She's been my little friend these last nine months and I feel like we already have a relationship. I was so alert after the birth and could think straight, something that took me weeks after the boys were born. I highly recommend having children one at a time and avoiding c-sections!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
CONGRATS!!! Maybe the lighting is off in that first picture but who'd she get her nice tan from :) Glad she's finally here!!
I'm so, so excited for you. Glad that she is here safe and that you are discovering the joys of having just one baby. She's precious!
She is a beauty and i love the name so much! What a special girl she is born into a special family! We wish we could be there to help you, but we are glad we could at least be in the same state for her birth. Love you all and get some sleep! (easier said than done:)
I left a comment over on the family blog, but I can't help myself... she is so precious! And I just realized she shares a birthday with my Alice and with Emily's Hazel! It must be the perfect Spring day for beautiful baby girls to make their entrance into this family. :)
Congratulations!! She's adorable!! What a sweet family you guys have - the boys look like the sweetest big brothers ever -- what more could a girl ask for? Glad Josh is around and that your parents are coming, too -- what great planning! :) Congrats again!
What a sweetheart. Congratulations!
Love it! Congrats guys!
Oh I have been waiting and waiting!!! I love her beautiful name! Congrats! And I think you were very wise to have twins first so that anything after that feels easy! So smart.
Love it, love the name, the daughter, the cuteness, the boys, the husband off of work and the parents coming.
YEAH!!!
Congratulations! I'm so glad that week one has gone so well for you. The pic of the boys with Anna is so sweet. I love it. Hope your visit with your parents is a great one! Enjoy it!
She is so adorable! Congratulations! I'm so glad it sounds like everything is going so well and you finally have your little Anna. I'm just thrilled!
She is so beautiful. I'm so glad she is here. Congrats! I'm also glad you are being well taken care of.
Congrats! You all look great...enjoy this phase as it changes so fast.
Alison
YAY! She's here! We love her so much, and we can't wait to meet her next month and give her lots of loves! Wish we were there to help you guys out, but it sounds like you are getting the royal treatment, as you should! :) Give sweet Anna kisses from us! Love you!
She's beautiful, Kristina. Can't wait to get our girls together. And I'm so glad everyone's adjusting & recovering so well. Enjoy having your mom around this week! :)
I am so proud of you! Impressed, proud, astounded you did that without meds--and after a c-section! You are awesome, and she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you! Love to you all!
Congratulations. She really is a doll and I am happy that things are little more simple this time around.
I LOVE HER!!!! I think she looks like a good mix of michael and sam. Ben thinks she looks a lot like Michael. I'm so glad that everything went well and that YOU are doing great!! Have fun with her... they grow up sooooo fast, especially when it's not your first baby(s). I'm so sad I won't see her next month... I would LOVE to hold & kiss her!!! She is a doll!!!
So glad Anna is here safe and sound. She is beautiful and so is her mom! Congratulations!
Post a Comment