Wonderful, wonderful Georgianna pretty, sweet baby of mine! You are mine today, let's say hip-hip-horray! For our Georgianna! Wonderful, wonderful, Georgianna divine! The day before she was born I listened to an LDS Conference talk about mothers and daughters and I knew I was in for a special experience with this girl. It's only just begun.

We can't get enough of her. We are all smitten. She lights up this place. When Josh talks about her his voice goes higher. When I talk about her I get a far away look in my eyes. Michael loves to stroke her cheeks. He prays for her teething pains in every prayer and this morning Sam said, "I just can't stop loving Anna! She's so cute!"

We can't resist her. She is at high risk of being utterly spoiled.
Can you blame us? She smiles when she sees us. She claps when we talk to her. She laughs when we play with her. She plays peek-a-boo with a blanket and gives herself the giggles when she pulls it from her eyes. Incidentally, those eyes are about the same color blue as that dress. Gorgeous!

She was given this dress as a Christmas present from my sister in law and we couldn't wait to put it on her. She actually clapped and giggled when I pulled it over her head and it made a crinkiling sound.

Anna isn't in a hurry. She does get impatient to be dressed so she can go play with her brothers, but she enjoys spending time with us and looks into our eyes a lot more than the boys did. Every night when she's ready for bed I "blow" out the lamp and she buries her face in my shoulder. I feed her in the rocking chair and if she doesn't fall asleep nursing, she starts to say a soft "Ahh, ahh." I know that means she wants me to sing to her and I love it. I want time to stand still except that I know I will continue to love her even more as she grows! What a gift she is!

She is becoming a social butterfly. At church today she looked at every person who came into the mothers' room and had to have a little chat with them before she'd go back to nursing. She enjoys playing with the other babies and crawling through the tunnel of chair legs in the classrooms.

She is such a lady. We named her little stuffed bunny Lady. It's always in her crib and I've watched Anna crawl to her and snuggle up when she falls asleep. Anna is so dainty. She helps us dress her by putting an arm through a sleeve and loves to have her teeth and gums brushed.
Here she is with her friend who came over to play last week. They are two weeks apart and her mom is my good friend. Anna kept trying to eat the polka dots off of her shirt! When she saw her today at church she squealed and crawled over to her as fast as she could. We're glad they get along because her brother is friends with Sam and Michael too and we love to get together to play.

We're looking forward to more fun and giggles from this sweet girl! She's teaching us all, even me, about womanhood. Somehow I feel more special seeing how special she is. We are all respecting women and motherhood more with her in the home and it's a sweet lesson. She will indeed have two very protective brothers to watch out for her and she will teach them a lot about love. We are so very grateful to have her in our family.
4 comments:
What a wonderfully sweet description of your sweet sweet little girl. What I find most amazing is that all of those things that we say about them as babies, their personalities and what makes them special, doesn't change as they get older. They start out amazing and unique and wonderful.
What a sweet little girl! I wish I could meet her!
I love her smile. I'm so glad she has you for a mom. You are a great example for all women. You both are so lucky.
I love how you love her and how you describe everything so sweetly. It makes me wish my girl would snuggle me more! So what does it mean when MR is done eating and blows raspberries on my bubby? That can't be his signal for a song! (I try to remain dignified and not feel belittled :)
Post a Comment