Soccer Practice

Soccer Practice

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Snow Angels

On New Year's Eve we drove the kids up to the mountains to see the snow. It never snows at our house and they didn't remember ever seeing it or playing in it. I rummaged through some yet unorganized bags in their closet and found some mittens and hats that mostly fit!
It was about 65 miles away. Michael kept asking if we were there yet. Things got very exciting when we started seeing cars with a foot of snow on them driving toward us, coming from the mountains. They wanted to have a snowball fight so we all teamed up against poor Daddy who took it all in the right attitude and pretended to be hurt and surprised by every teeny tiny ball of snow they threw.

Here I told them to make snow angels but I didn't tell them how. They figured it out all on their own. Maybe they've seen it on TV.



And the Littlest Snow Angel. Anna in her knit hat that is getting too small for her.

And, to end the year, I sprained my ankle when I slipped on the snow. I'll spare you a picture. That's why I don't like the stuff! We haven't missed it but it was beautiful in the mountains. I like being able to get in the car and drive away from it. I've spent a lot of the year sick and hope the injuries will end along with 2010.

2 comments:

Becks said...

Cute, cute. So nice to go to see the snow...and then go home to warmer weather! The boys must have had so much fun in it, I'll bet they'll be asking when they can go play in the snow again! I'm sorry about your ankle and hope it's better very soon!

Emma Jo said...

Adorable and fun! I love the part where you get in your car and drive home, away from it. Enjoy it, then leave it behind. That's the way to do snow.