Soccer Practice

Soccer Practice

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Birthday Girl

Our baby Anna had a birthday! I think she knew it was a special day. She was extra happy, even for such a happy baby. She giggled and patted my back and gave me extra hugs all day long. Do you think she knew it was one year since she came to earth to join our family?

We had a simple family party at home. I made her "favorite" dinner and she really did eat it up. Porcupine meatballs, mashed potatoes, and peas. She was pretty tired by the time we brought out the cake and wanted to get out of her seat by then, but one taste of that chocolate whipped cream and she knew something good was coming.


She read her birthday cards like a genius baby.

And loved her new girl toys!
She's been cruising around the furniture but in this video she pushes this Princess bike and takes her first steps moving forward!

She is such a joy to us all. She reminds us to be happy every day. Even when she's sick or tired, she is still patient and can give us a sweet smile. We all love her and can't imagine our family without her.

She was worth waiting for!

4 comments:

Emma Jo said...

Oh my goodness, a year?! I think time speeds up when you become a mother. I cannot believe it. She is darling darling darling...I could use a slice of that cake right about now!

Andrew and Erica Lowe said...

Wow-- I can't believe it's been a year since we've seen you guys! She is ADORABLE! Happy birthday, Anna! We miss you guys!

Kristy Rolph said...

Awww so cute!!! We love you baby anna!! Hope you had a spectacular day!!

Becks said...

Fun birthday video! My favorite part was hearing the delight in your voices as you watched your little girl together. Priceless!