Soccer Practice

Soccer Practice

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What I've Been Doing

(For what I've been thinking about, see the post below).

Here's what I've been doing while not blogging . . .
Jammin' to some rockin' music.


Smiling.
That's mix-matched pajamas, a light sabre-horse he's riding, with rain boots on the wrong feet, and a baseball bat, just in case of, well, who knows.



Getting lost in blue eyes.



Soaking up the joy.


Playing make-believe 24/7.


Reading.
Michael took this. He and Sam love their scriptures and remind me to read them out loud to them every night. Every morning after she nurses (yes she's still nursing twice a day) Anna reaches for my scriptures and I read them out loud to her.


Snuggling.


Field-tripping.


Using lots of hand sanitizer.



Dancing.


Playing outside.



Watching movies at night.


Playing with my doll.

Also, strictly following a budget, monthly meal calendar, and weekly house cleaning schedule. Signing up the boys for swim lessons, making homemade bread once a week, twenty minutes of daily ankle exercises, planning a preschool co-op, and a new obsession with Disney's Tangled.

Coming soon, daily accomplishments. No matter how small, there has to be something every day. It will be a little boost for myself. Don't be surprised if there are multiple days where the picture is of my nicely-made bed. That usually gets done!

4 comments:

Mags said...

I love both of these posts! You are inspirational and I love to see how the kids are growing-too fast! I have had a lot of those same thoughts lately, and you wrote about them so beautifully. We are on the Tangled obsession train as well and I wish you were here for a big sing-a-long! Love you and miss you!

Kristy Rolph said...

I nursed Rowyn until 14 months!!!! Its hard to give it up sometimes!!! Especially if she is the last one. Love you guys and miss you! Wish we could come over and play!

Emma Jo said...

Fun, you guys are fun. And love the little bits about beds being made and hand sanitizer. I get it, I totally get it.

Suzie Petunia said...

I wish I had a little more of "you" in "me". I can't claim that my bed is always made. But the hand sanitizer flows freely here! And I also LOVE Tangled!!

Your boys don't look like babies or even toddlers any more! They sure are growing into handsome young men!