Soccer Practice

Soccer Practice

Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Josh!

Today is Josh's birthday. We had pancakes and bacon for breakfast, met him at work for lunch and to get the boys hair cut, and tonight we'll have chocolate cream pie after dinner, put the boys down, and go out on the town with free babysitting!

Josh's biggest birthday present is not from me. It's a job offer in Sacramento. Working where he does, his job is coming to an end in January and he's been looking for several months. We'll be leaving Virginia on January 1 to DRIVE coast to coast with two year old twin boys. It's always been Josh's dream to live in California and finding a job out there in this job market is a miracle and we are excited to go. Mostly because for what we've been paying to live in this



we can live in this!


There will be a lot to reflect on after living here for six years so expect more posts coming soon!

8 comments:

Kristy Rolph said...

Happy Birthday Josh!!! We are so excited that you will be living a little closer to us!! That house is awesome. Are you guys planning on buying this very one? I hope so that would be so nice to live in. Congrats on the job and we are so excited to see everyone in a month and a half!!

The Begleys said...

YAY! First things first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROLPHMAN! Secondly, YAY CALIFORNIA!!!! Granted you will be a long ways from us in SoCal but much closer than across the country. So glad to hear Josh's scheme worked out! He expressed that this was his dream. But, how are you with it all?...I imagine okay due the prospects of living in an actual HOUSE! Apartment living is fun...you'll miss certain aspects of it...but Nina, you were meant to have a house--to garden, paint, bake pies, wander the residential streets. Can't wait for you guys!

Lisa Michelle said...

What?! Wow! So much news in one post!! Firstly, Happy Birthday to Josh! And congrats on the job offer -- how fantastic! And did you seriously already buy that house??? Congrats to all!

Heidi said...

I am so excited for you! You'll get to stretch out finally. I know how it feels to be a few bedrooms too short! Congrats on the new job and the new adventure.

Leese said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH! Kacey wanted to call you, but I figured (hoped) that you'd be out - we'll try you on sat. I'm SO happy that you found a job and an AWESOME place to live!!!! But oh, so sad that it's so far away :( But it's a great place to visit - right?!!

Mags said...

Wow! How exciting! We can't wait to share a coast with you-I may be tempted to drive it often:) Happy Birthday, bruh-you are the one of the greatest people I know, so caring of your family, and a down-right good person! Love you all!!!

Amy Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Josh! How old are you? I was trying to figure it out...and congratulations on a new job AND a beautiful new home. What an exciting new year to look forward to! Please come visit all of us in Utah...

JoMamma said...

Happy Birthday to Josh. Congratulations on the job in Sacramento. Toby grew up in the area and loved it. His dad still lives there, so we will have to check out your new place when we go visit them.