Soccer Practice

Soccer Practice

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pet Peeve

None of you are offenders, so I shouldn't post this here, but I am so tired of hearing the following when I am out with the boys:

Wow. You sure have your hands full!
I bet they keep you busy!

Yes I do and yes they do. I am sure we all cause quite a scene when we go out. They run away, they scream, they do what two-year-old boys do, and twice as much of it. It's gotten worse since they've given up naps and are generally unfit to live with after 3pm, but outings must be taken and errands must be run.

I'm sure it's exacerbated by the fact that I have had a lot of cramping and try to avoid picking them up. Even if that weren't the case, I can't pick them both up at the same time anymore, so that defeats the purpose.

What will they say when I have number three?

6 comments:

Emma Jo said...

I really don't like that either...I think in general people just want to say something because they are noticing you and your darling children, they just don't know what to say. My friend wrote a funny blog about this a while ago...go read it for a laugh.
http://latermom.blogspot.com/2008/08/those-pesky-little-questions.html

Amy Lynn said...

Bless your heart! I actually try to avoid saying ANY of the trite things that people say when they see twins. I try very hard to be clever and original...

2 year olds are tough and sweet and frustrating and so adorable. I have felt bi-polar every time one of my kids is two...one minute I could kiss their faces off and the next I'm ready to give them to the neighbor! Hang in there...

mo said...

I was sitting next to a man on a plane once who asked how many children I had (because I was dealing with several at the time)and when I told him, he replied, "That's too bad. You should have been more careful." Then I had to sit next to him for the next few hours. People can be so rude.

Leese said...

i feel your pain! i was wrestling with D at the grocery store one day (he was way beyond awful!)just about a week before B was born and the cashier said, "oh honey (which i can't stand! i am NOT your honey!) are you sure you're ready for #3?" and i thought, well of course NOT! but what am I to do about that now?! Those people obviously don't have any kids or just don't remember what it's like to have crazy little boys. It will get better! don't quite know when, but it will :)

Lisa Michelle said...

I have to tell you that I have finally hit some blue skies with the 2 & 3-year-old behavior issues. Though I am sure your boys are not as crazy as Sophie can be, all little kids have their moments, right? BUT, I just have to tell you that better times are ahead!! For me it was like one day she just woke up and decided to bring the drama down a couple notches. Very helpful and wonderful and all the other really fabulous adjectives out there! So, hang in there! You are awesome and so are your kids (and Josh, too)! Hopefully you'll find the blue skies by the time your sweet little bundle arrives! Your boys will be such sweet big brothers!!

Doreen said...

People say that all of the time to me too. I guess it just comes with the job of having two small kids??
The next thing they usually say is "Don't worry, it gets so much easier." Do you ever get that?
People must think I'm really struggling or something. :)