Freezer, full. Nursery, assembled. Hospital bag, packed. Baby clothes, washed. Diaper basket, full. Car seat, in the car if not installed. Tomorrow is April 1st and I am trying not to think about having a baby any day now. I had some signs of labor on Sunday and thought she might be here by now, but I'm still waiting. I had an ultrasound yesterday to make sure she's growing and she's measuring 10 days behind, as far as they can tell, so I guess she can keep on cookin' in there another week and it would be good for her but I need to get my mind on something else!

Here's our tiny lawn that can be mowed in less than 5 minutes. When Josh says, "I'm going to mow the lawn" I have to remember how small it is and not think he's going to be busy for 2 hours and need a shower. He did this when he got home from work, with some helpers, of course.

Here's another father-son moment. What IS under that hood? Just a basic lesson in guy stuff.

The girls in my ward had a little shower for me with Cafe Rio salad and lemon cake! There are three of us due next week, so it was so nice to have a little party just for me while everyone is so busy. I have to say the girl clothes are so much more fun than boy clothes!

Two Sundays ago my cousin Robert and his wife Colleen stayed with us on their way to San Francisco and points south. It was such a beautiful spring evening and we had the table all set with a while table cloth, yellow napkins, and green goblets. I only have 4 goblets so if you visit kids will be having IKEA plastic cups! We watched the health care vote and had roasted chicken and vegetables then pound cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream. It was so fun to see them!

Then on Saturday we had more fun visitors. My cousin Sarah stopped by on her way to Oregon. See a theme here? We live in a great pit stop! We grew up together but I don't even remember the last time I saw her and I know I haven't seen many of her kids at all! We had a nice visit and let the kids play. I am always amazed how well my boys play with family. It's like a 6th sense and they just take to each other like fish to water. When they left Sam was sad and said, "I just wish they could stay." I did too.

So, I could have another week or only a few days. I guess that's pretty much the same thing. I can't do a lot and am trying to enjoy the wait. The blessing is that the boys have been playing incredibly well together. I have so much time on my hands since we're not going out much that I am feeling ready for a third. We'll see how I feel on my second week of sleep deprivation! I am worried about giving enough attention to the boys and making sure they feel loved with less of my time, but we'll just get through that like all families do.
3 comments:
Waiting for babies makes me simply crazy!!! You had better post ASAP when she gets here because I will be on the lookout. You look beautiful and glowy and wonderful. And don't worry about the transition...I'm sure that your boys are going to be so excited to have their little sister it won't even phase anyone.
Hurry up and get here baby girl!!!
Wow, you have been busy with visitors--how fun! I love the picture of you and Sarah. We should find one of you as little girls and post that, too. Look how beautiful you are! I love you and hope I get to see you soon. The boys will love being big brothers. You are in for a real treat.
xoxo
YAY! We can't wait to meet baby Anna! We're thinking of you!!! :)
Post a Comment