Soccer Practice

Soccer Practice

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dancing Cheek to Cheek

Heaven, I'm in heaven . . . dancing cheek to cheek with my baby! M. loves to dance with me and he doesn't even step on my feet. I don't have a picture of us dancing as I haven't mastered the one-handed self-portrait, but I had to write about my sweet boy.
Our first dance was when he was a couple of weeks old and he would not stop crying. I took him out on our patio to look at the snow on the pine trees and feel the fresh air. I sang Anne Murray's "Can I Have This Dance For the Rest of My Life" and he calmed right down. Ever since then, he has loved dancing. He can do the box step ("Stars Fell on Alabama"), foxtrot (Love Was Meant for You and Me"), and the cha cha.

He has the softest cheeks in the entire world and, if I had the time, we would spend all day dancing cheek to cheek! Here's to my cuddly baby boy! Thank you loving to dance with me!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Why am I feeling weepy at this? This is adorable. I love the special little things that are just ours. You are lucky to have two sets of special things! So cute.

Suzie Petunia said...

Oh, such a sweet post! Your boys will treasure your words and memories in the future. My dad was going through Grandma O's journals and stuff today - he's trying to piece everything together and put together a concise and complete personal history for her - something she never did for herself. I read a letter she wrote to Grandpa when they had been married for just a year and Don was a baby. She was telling him all about Don's milestones and how he smiled so cute. It was so sweet to read her thoughts as a young mom. Your post reminded me of that.

Suzie Petunia said...

I came across another mommy of twin boys about your boys' age. She is a friend of Abby's sister-in-law.

http://timefortwins.blogspot.com/

Amy Lynn said...

Ah...nothing in the world like baby cheeks. I always told my husband that I don't care at all what our babies look like as long as they have big cheeks and chunky thighs! Truly heavenly!