Last week we had quite the adventure -and a lot of fun flying to St. Louis for a family reunion. With a baby on each lap, Josh and I hoped they wouldn't cry for the entire flight, and surprise, they were angels! The flight home was a little more rocky, but they were seriously sleep deprived. They napped in the car and drank bottles while I sat between their car seats, but we did it.
Some reunion highlights were Sam's first time swimming and Michael's entertaining the entire family with his jabber and smiles. We took a historic family history tour of St. Louis, narrated by Mom and Dad, stopped at Ted Drew's, went to the zoo, and saw fireworks. Every family member was there and it was so fun to be all together! We love you family!
Now we're recovering at home. Michael has 2 new teeth and Sam is working on his first. More pictures to come once they flash those pearly whites!
8 comments:
Oh my, how your family has grown! Who ARE all of those handsome people? Seriously... I need nametags on everyone! I love the smiling moms holding the not-so happy kids. It is always one of my little ones that refuses to smile or even look at the camera (Oscar!) for those big family pictures. You are looking great, K! Are you sure you just gave birth to twins??
My workout plan consists of sleeping as much as I possibly can, eating what ever I have time for, and lifting 2 20lb babies all day long. We occasionally go for walks, and since the double stroller must weigh 80 lbs with them in it, I guess that's doing more than I think.
The one falling asleep just woke up the one who was already asleep. Time to go!
OH my goodness!! I just followed the link from Suzie's blog and read three entries before I recognized who I was reading!!! I must be a long time since I have seen my beautiful cousin! Your boys are so handsome and what fun to find your blog. Keep it up, I can't wait to read more and catch up!!
I'm so excited to see you--even if it is cyber-ly! I love the pictures and the update. You have a beautiful way of articulating the joy and sweetness of the whole experience, and you look beautiful! Your boys are beautiful too--I'm so happy for you and your hubby. (By the way, I too couldn't recognize most of the people in the reunion photo--who are all those grandkids, and when did they get so old!?)
Oh--I posted under Mo's name by accident bc I'm on her computer--it's really Abby!
This really is Mo and I am also impressed by that huge group. Wow! What a great family we are all part of. (Does that sound too proud? I meant it in the humblest of ways!)
OK...my mom, Abby and I all just sat and looked at the picture and argued over who we thought everyone was. We might seriously need a blog with everyone's name included. I recognize some of the kids but some are a complete mystery! How sad! I feel sad that I don't know all my cousins and their families as well as I would like. I really adore cousins!
I'll email the names to Suzie and hopefully she can forward it your way - don't want to put names up here. Thanks for your comments! I'll be checking your blogs when I can :)
Post a Comment